FIELD OF INSPECTION
When the liquefied-gas equipment is in areas where industrial, craft and business activities take place, the inspections shall be carried out under the Greek Government Gazette 477/Β/01-07-1993. But, when the liquefied-gas equipment is in any other kind of place, those inspections are carried out under the Greek Government Gazette 1257/Β/03-09-2003.
The inspection of L.P.G. tank is divided into two categories.
A) 5-year audit, where there is an external inspection of the tank. Additionally, thickness measurements of the tank’s foils, with ultrasound apparatus, can be done.
B) 10-year audit, where the 5-year audit is repeated and there is also, a full internal inspection and an audit for corrosions and deteriorations. Moreover, thickness measurements of the tank’s foils and hydraulic pressure test are carried out.
In short, during the periodic inspection of L.P.G. tanks, the following audits are implemented:
- Identification, labelling and manufacturer’s plate check.
- Review of documents, technical information of previous vessels’ inspections.
- Thickness measurements of the foil of vessels shell and bottom.
- External visual inspection for corrosions and deteriorations in vessels foil and of the vessels condition.
- Internal visual inspection for corrosions and deteriorations in vessels foils.
- Inspection, functional test of vessels safety valve.
- Inspection of hydraulic pressure test at (Bar) 1.5 x max operating pressure.